Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 works as a speech recognition software and can be installed in the Windows Operating system. The software has the feature to convert your verse into words. It has been recorded that while speaking, an individual can speak up to 120 words per minute, but they can only type up to 40 words. This software helps to calibrate your voice, recognizing the pattern and the alphabets, and then transforms the syllables into written text in the system. It needs some basic system requirement configuration to install the software, but sometimes when a previous install is already pending, the process can fail sometimes. When you are trying to install Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10, but the computer reboot many times, and the installation fails. By reading this blog, you can have a glimpse at the causes and understand the solutions that can be implemented.
Reasons behind the issue:
- A previous installation is already pending
- When some other applications have a pending reboot.
You can follow these steps to rectify the error and annihilate it from its core:
How to resolve the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 installation issues?
Method 1- By disabling the automatic windows update temporarily.
- Press the windows key on the keyboard, and then click on Control panel
- Windows Update-Turn off the updates-Okay
- Reboot the system
- Now install the software.
- Once the software has been installed, enable the automatic update feature by going to the control panel again.
Method 2- By disabling the startup applications for a temporary purpose:
- In your Windows 2000, 2003 or XP version, navigate to start>Run
- IN the dialog box, type ‘msconfig’
- Load the system configuration utility and follow the prompts.
- Save the changes, and reboot the system
- Install Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 in the computer and enable the startup applications after that.
Method 3– Download/Install Updated VC Runtime and Script to Skip Reboot Prompt
- Go to the link of dragon support, and then choose the option of ‘’Save Target As’. The file will be saved in the form of the zip folder
- Save the file on the desktop, and extract the documents from DragonInstall.zip.
- A folder will be created after you have extracted the files, open that.
- Install the Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 software by following the prompts and selecting the ‘’install_vcruntime.vbs’’ file/
- Then choose the ‘’install_dragon.vbs’’ file.
- Disable the checkmark which says ‘Protect the computer and data from unauthorized program activity’.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and install the software.
These methods will definitely help you resolve the installation issue with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10 when the computer prompts to reboot. This is an issue which can require the help of certified technicians as it can be seen as little complicated. If you come across any troubles or difficulties, then you can directly get in touch with the technical experts at Nuance Dragon Customer care number.